Speaker: JD Summers | Date: March 29, 2020 | Text: James 2:1-13
Because of the mercy displayed through the gospel and in the life of Jesus Christ, the gathering of the church must be characterized by a pure unity with no partiality.
- In what ways are you tempted to give preferential treatment to others?
- How does partiality reveal a worldly perspective and contradict the gospel?
- Why is it important to call partiality a sin?
- How does the bible's definition of partiality as a violation of the second great commandment offer more clarity than the shifting definitions the world gives to racism, bias, or discrimination?
- How does the gospel of grace fit with James' exhortation and warning in vs 12-13?
- Praise God for the active obedience of Christ in fulfilling the law on our behalf
- Thank God for showing grace to us though we had nothing to offer him
- Confess any known sins of partiality, and thank Christ for the forgiveness he promises
- Pray for a heart that is sensitive to this sinful tendency, for a hatred of this sin, and for an increasing capacity to love others as Christ has loved us.