Last Sunday we looked at the display of God's abundant grace in Genesis 20. Though Abraham falls back into a pattern of deception and unbelief, God intervenes in order to preserve the promise. This means not only the reuniting of Abraham and Sarah, but also the redemption of all who would one day find salvation in the Messiah to come through their lineage.
Listen to The Promise Preserved by Grace
PREPARING TO HEAR
This week's sermon will be from Genesis 21. Take a few minutes to read the passage and consider the following questions:
What repeated words and phrases stand out? What point is Moses trying highlight for us?
- How does the events of this story related to previous events in Abraham's life? How do these events set the stage for what is to come next?
- What does this story reveal about the strengths and weaknesses of the characters involved?
- What does this reveal about God, and how ought these truths move us to faith, obedience, and worship?
Let's pray for open and eager hearts, and that the ministry of the word would strengthen and purify our faith.
PREPARING TO SING
Below is the order of worship for Sunday. Use this as a resource to learn unfamiliar songs, to meditate on Christ-centered truth throughout the week, and teach your children songs that will fill their minds and shape their hearts.
- Psalm 93:1-5
- This Is My Father's World
- Come Praise And Glorify
- Prayer for missions - Brazil
- Isaiah 26:1-6
- Like A River Glorious
- Psalm 62 (My Soul Finds Rest In God Alone)
- Sermon - Genesis 21
- Our Song From Age To Age