Speaker: JD Summers | Date: May 3, 2020 | Text: James 4:1-10
Conflict is inevitable. James reveals through God's word that the issues we have are the sinful passions of the heart. These create conflict with each other and with God. We must submit our desires to the Lord to be satisfied in the fullness of His grace and peace.
- How do our passions lead to conflict with others?
- Why do our passions lead to conflict with God?
- How does James' call to repentance both challenge and comfort us?
- Thank God for his merciful invitation to sinners to draw near
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal sinful and selfish desires that need to be repented of
- Confess the idolatrous desires that have caused conflict with others and impacted your fellowship with God
- Thank God for his promise of grace to those who humble themselves